A case study is a report about a problem, societal activity, or event within a hypothetical or real situation. It also includes those complexities that are encountered in the course of a study. The case study endeavors to ascertain how the intricacies we have talked about affect the subsequent decisions. Like any other report or document, a case study also follows a particular format or form. Then again, it should be coherent and to the point.
For this to happen, it has to have a firm basis of real-life activities, broken down in several parts, be believable by all, and incorporate as much information as possible.
- Set realistic goals. As with any other undertaking, you have to set realistic goals. By “realistic” we mean its scope, length, and breadth have all to be within rational limits to prevent the likelihood of the undertaking being overly ambitious or nonsensical. Then, you must also figure out your own tools and expertise.
- Determine the right angle for the study. Many studies are too broad to confront just like that. To be on the safe side, and come up with more realistic conclusions, you must narrow the scope to an angle that is more rational. Needless to say, this angle has to be truly compelling and well able to come up with more rational deductions.
- Tailor the study to the unique traits of the target market. To be able to arrive at more rational outcomes, you also want the study to be as relevant to the target market as possible. This requires that you make the study as relatable to the needs of the people whom you intend to meet as much as can possibly be. That may require studying the market to learn about its unique traits.
- Illustrate the key points appropriately. Making a study is one thing, making it easily comprehensible is another thing altogether. For all the best outcomes, you want to illustrate the key points accordingly in a manner that wards off any ambiguities. The use of data, graphs, infographics, and flow charts is, by all means, a sure way of achieving this end.
- Rely extensively on the clients as you compile the study. Lastly, you should rely extensively on the clients as you compile the study. Throughout your study, you should make the clients tell their stories or give you their own side of the accounts. That way, it is will be highly likely that you will come up with more accurate outcomes and research results.
Disruptive Student Behavior
New Product Development
New Product Launch
- Press release. A case study is often confused with but not strictly a press release. Many mistakenly use them to launch new products yet in reality, they are only designed to accompany and offer more information about products. Stick to a press release if all you want is to introduce a newer product to the market.
- Advertisement tool. These studies are not advertisement tools. You should hence refrain from the use of them to try and arouse the interest of the prospective clients. Instead, you should just stick to the adverts to do so. The object of a case study is to ascertain the impact and access to your products.
- Company public relations tool. Yet again, the case study is not a company public relations tool. Never attempt to use it to promote the product or try and justify its shortcomings and past failures. Instead, just stick to the core of the letter. Particularly, refrain from rehashing the list of services or products that the item brings along.
- Cheaper to undertake. Compared to other forms of exploratory research, the case study is cheaper to undertake. It does not require the use of too sophisticated tools of trade or trained personnel. Thus, by using it, you get to obtain so much more benefits but at limited costs.
- Improves brand visibility. This strategy has been noted to improve the visibility of your brand. Its use in and of itself does not yield this end though. It has to be employed alongside other advertising and intervention tools like banners, posters and paid advertising. Nonetheless, it does leave behind long-lasting outcomes.
- Demonstrates your success. There is perhaps never the best opportunity to demonstrate the success of your business than with the use of a case study. Which other opportunities will you ever find to tell your target market about the feats you have achieved and how they are more likely to impact on their own satisfaction.
- Focuses on the customer. By its nature and form, this study is targeted exclusively at the customer. Thus, it is more likely to be fruitful and more yielding than the other marketing approaches that exist as alternatives. Due to its customer-focus, the study is also less likely to inflict the dangers of loss of money or unnecessary inefficiency.
- Tells your company’s story. Finally, a study of this kind also tells your company’s story. Like the brand visibility above, no other tool allows you to leverage this benefit much better than this study. Only be careful that you employ it with wisdom. Too much salt may water down your company’s reputation.
Why create marketing case studies?
- Boots sales. This document has been noted to boost sales considerably. It achieves this principally by driving inbound leads and attracting many would-be clients. It hence goes that a company that employs this tool places itself at a strategic advantage over and above those that do not.
- Validate the company statements. Next, the document validates the claims that the company makes about itself and the products it does have to offer. This is because it gives the targeted market a chance to express their own reservations about your products and receive any clarifications to that end.
- Allay any fears. Potential buyers who have never attempted but are planning to attempt your product may normally be hesitant to take the crucial first step. A marketing case study allows them to view your products in action well beforehand to be able to make more informed decisions.
Owing to the centrality of the marketing case studies, you want to employ extra caution as you make good use of it. Particularly, you have to settle on a format that is agreeable and relevant for your needs. The extensive use of the templates will definitely let you achieve this very end well.